Your Initial College Search: Clarify What You Want In A College
Know the answer to the question: What am I looking for in a college?
Takeaways from the video lesson….
- Answer all questions honestly and thoroughly
- Don’t anticipate how your friends or parents would want you to answer
- Answer for yourself
- You might be wondering why go through this since you just want to attend the “best” school you can get into
- “Best” is what is the ideal college for you and not someone else
- You want to take control of the college process and that starts with your state of mind
- You should be choosing the colleges and not waiting on the colleges to choose you
- You need to know why you choose a particular school
- Knowing why you selected your list of college is one of the most important skills you can learn
- A College Fit is one that is a good fit Socially, Academically, and Financailly!
- Get results of the personality & career aptitude test for majors you are interested in (previous vidoe lesson)
- Review the results on “Social Qualities That Make College Right For You”
- Go to list of College Selection Search Engines to start the funnel approach
- Filter out colleges that don’t meet your criteria from the “Social Qualities That Make College Right For You”
- This will be you Initial college list of schools called your “Social Fit” colleges
- List of schools should be between 20 to 100 schools
- Should be able to answer the question: Why did you choose these colleges?
- Next you will use this list to filter out colleges that are not a good fit academically & financially
Homework (Please Complete)
- Complete all questions
- Print results and put in your folder
- Use the results to start to narrow down your college list
Title: Initial College Search & Social Qualities
Video Time: 26:23
After watching the video lesson and completing the task you will know exactly what you want in your ideal college.
I am going to show you how you can make almost any college feel like an Ivy League College experience.
Comments & Questions - Please Post Below
Great job! After watching this video lesson, you are on your way to "college planning mastery." You have completed 27% of your training to become a "college planning master."