Decode Your Financial Aid Award Letters
In this video you will learn about how to receive, analyze, and estimate your own Cost of Attendance (COA) from your financial aid award letter.
Five basic components of an award letter:
- CCF College Student Budget and COA
Use this excel file to start your student budget and customize your Cost of Attendance (COA).
Title: Decoding You Financial Aid Award Letter
Video Time: 43.47
- Difference between acceptance letter and award letter
- What financial aid award letter means
- Where to get it or find it
- How to read it
- Did the college front load your award
- Calculate “your COA” and not the estimate
Congratulations! Your child has been accepted to a colleges and you are now receiving the financial aid award letters. You may be thinking that the process is done, the results are in, and it is time to commit to a school. Guess again!
This is just the start, if you want the best possible financial aid package for your child.
Great job! After watching this video lesson, you are on your way to "college planning mastery." You have completed 90% of your training to become a "college planning master."