The Big Picture:
Getting into college is a project/process. Multiple steps are required and many times the steps should be and are required to be in chronological order. Our goal at Clark College Funding Inc, is to help you find multiple colleges that meet your family's standards academically, socially, and financially. This tool hopes to help accomplish this goal by communicating the college planning process in a "ideal" timeline format. The big picture is communicated by using the yearly timelines. These timelines list the major steps over a calendar month in ideal world, under perfect conditions, and with no other workload to consider.
- The Timeline is broken up into four segments: Freshman Year, Sophomore Year, Junior Year, & Senior Year.
- Depending on when you engaged, you may be selecting any one of the four options. In any case, select the year you are currently in and then the month of that year. Again, as stated above, you may be out of the ideal schedule and into a more compressed real schedule.
- This timeline was designed as a way for parents and students to keep track of where they are in the college process. Many of these steps are meant to be completed with a coach if you are a Magna Cum Laude or Summa Cum Laude member. It may be a good idea to post this check list somewhere the whole family can see it, so that everyone is aware of the steps as well as where you are in the process.
- Check off steps as they are completed as a way to mark small victories together, and use the timeline to help keep everyone on track.
- If you are late in the project/process simply change the months to weeks or maybe even days in the timelines. The project/process really does not change much. If you are late in the project/process then a path laid out as follows is a great tool to catch up!